Homeopathy is a system of medicines developed by a German physician Samuel Hahnemann. It works on the principle of “Like Cures Like”. The substance which causes a reaction in a healthy person can be the remedy for someone suffering from similar symptoms.
The model for homeopathy is one of individualization. Just because two persons are suffering from a headache doesn’t mean that can be cured using the same medicine. We have seen cases where diseases like Swine Flu are treated using Homeopathy.
Let’s take a look at the benefits :
1. It can be used by anyone including children, pregnant women, and older citizens.
2. It can be taken along with any other type of medication
For example, if a person is already doing a course of allopathic/ traditional medicines, homeopathic medicines will not affect by any chance, which allows people to consume medicines they want.
3. If an incorrect remedy is selected, it is completely safe and will not harm the person at all.
The homeopathic medicines are in diluted form, thus, if the problem doesn’t match with the solution, it won’t affect the patient.
4. Homeopathic medicines have no side effects.
Even if the medicines are excessively dosed, it will not have a negative effect on the human body.
5. It is an individualized system of medicine which treats the person, not merely the symptoms. The symptoms, however, are addressed when using this approach and are typically improved.
6. Homeopathic remedies are readily available and are typically inexpensive, therefore, can be used by anyone.
One can buy most of the homeopathic medicines without any prescription, thus they can be easily bought.
7. Homeopathic remedies can be stored for long periods of time.
Homeopathy is also useful in treating pets. Though some experts claim that Homeopathy is based on the placebo effect, it has proven to be false as the animals have responded to the treatments in most of the cases.