Foods to eat and avoid to prevent breast cancer
Breast cancer is caused due to various factors of which one is lifestyle choices and
food habits. Therefore like every disease, there are some foods that have the
potential to prevent breast cancer and there are some other foods that cause
breast cancer which needs to be strictly avoided in the day to day life. In this way,
the risk of breast cancer can be decreased and risk can be averted.
Food preventing breast cancer
There are some foods which prevent the formation of breast cancer.
1. Flaxseed: The omega-3s found in flaxseed shields the cancer cells, so that
chances of breast cancer are decreased.
2. Garlic: There is a compound which prevents cancer called allium. Garlic is seen
to slow the growth of tumors and prevent cancer.
3. Pomegranate: This contains polyphenol, which has anti-oxidant properties and
can prevent cancerous growth. It has other health benefits too.
4. Dark-green leafy vegetables: In vegetables like kale, collard, spinach, Swiss
chard are considered helpful to prevent cancerous cell growth. The chemicals
present in these vegetables include fibers, Vitamin B complex, phytochemicals.
5. Salmon: The Salmon fish is high in omega-3s and also Vitamin B12 and Vitamin
D. These nutrients are responsible for regulation of cell growth and thus prevent
cancerous outgrowth. The Vitamin B12 is seen to have an effective role in cancer
6. Broccoli: It is a cruciferous vegetable with sulphonates and indole acetic acid. It
is shown to regulate cell growth in various ways and helps fight breast cancer.
7. Pepper: The peppers have a phytochemical nutrient that prevents cancer. Chilli
peppers have capsaicin which controls the growth of cancerous cells. The green
pepper is rich in chlorophyll that binds to carcinogens in the gut and prevents the
effect. Red pepper has both capsaicin and antioxidant carotenoids. These are all
perfect for prevention.